Are you a confident and goofy rockstar (or think you are)?!
We run a revolutionary self-confidence program in schools across New Zealand. The team are young at heart (sound like you?), ambitious and motivated, and have a natural flair for working with children, public speaking, and sales.
Full training of the Marrzipan Method of teaching and sales will be provided, but we can’t train personality! If you are a little bit crazy, but with your head screwed on at the same time, we want to hear from you! Hard work, passion and commitment are immediately noticed and rewarded.
About the position:
We are looking for a charismatic and enthusiastic role model who exuberates energy, isn’t afraid to look really silly, can promote in front of large audiences with ease, is confident cold-calling, can be professional in meetings with Principals and has the “X Factor” that children are drawn to. You may not have ALL of these skills, but have enough faith in yourself that (with some training), you would nail all of these areas.
You will be working autonomously and remotely – any office work will be done from your own home, with regular online meetings with the Marrzipan team. The ability to “crack on” and get things done without constant supervision is a must!
Duties & responsibilities:
- Teach our small classes with provided Lesson Plans
- Direct short, silly 15-minute plays with provided scripts
- Host/MC performances of the plays as your students perform to their parents and school
- Cold-call new schools and generate new leads for the Marrzipan program
- Meet with school Principals to establish classes at the school
- Speak in assemblies with 400+ teachers and students
- Intense training in the Marrzipan Method of teaching and sales provided
The ideal applicant answers yes to all these questions…
- Natural ability with children
- Confident speaking in front of large groups
- Sales Skills
- An infectious sense of humour
The following experience/skills are desired but not essential:
- Teaching experience or experience working with children
- Performing/drama background
- Excellent, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and articulate
- Able to work productively independently, and use own initiative
- Passionate about children’s education and development, particularly Marrzipan’s philosophy and teaching method (check out our website)
This is a job for people who are ‘going places’ and want a company they can move their career forward with. We take care of our staff and hard work is appreciated and quickly rewarded. We will compromise experience, but NOT personality. We will train you in our sales and teaching methods, if you have the right attitude and natural skills. If you KNOW you would ace this job, get in touch with us, no matter what your background.
How to apply
Email our Recruitment Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with:
– Your relevant CV
– A video of yourself (or link to one) 1-3 minutes long, that shows us your weird and wonderful PERSONALITY and why you would be awesome for this job!