In Aotearoa, our youth are at the forefront of social change and at World Vision we’re doing all we can to empower them.
I’m excited to touch base and share two amazing opportunities for your school leavers with World Vision in 2021.
1. Help us find our next Youth Ambassador
We’re looking for a passionate school leaver to support the 40 Hour Famine roll out through a 6-month full-time paid internship.
This is an opportunity to inspire social justice across Aotearoa while gaining professional development.
If you know any young, motivated, public speakers who are familiar with the World Vision 40 Hour Famine, we want to hear from them.
Share this link & apply today
Au Pair Link place au pairs to live-in with host families and care for their children. They have heaps of fully screened families looking for au pairs to start RIGHT NOW! Unfortunately, and cannot fill these au pair roles due to the borders being closed, so we would like to offer this opportunity to Kiwis in need of employment.
It is a great option for students who were perhaps planning on having a gap year and are now not able to travel or for those who would like to move out of home and see a different area of New Zealand, without the pressure of finding a flat and paying bills. For students interested in working in childcare we offer the option to study for their Level 4 ECE certificate during their placement – they can earn an extra $50 each week and receive a $500 completion bonus!
Au Pair Link_Be an au pair in your own country!
A position has opened up at a local engineering projects company. Over the next week students that are interested can get their CV up to date and email firstname.lastname@example.org . This position could begin soon after it is safe for schools and workplaces to recommence.
Projects engineering assist
If you want to be immersed in the hub of a sales and engineering environment and develop your skills within the sheet metal and fabrication sector then this role will be of interest to you.
You will be working in close knit team on commercial work of varying size and value.
You will have a mix of 2D and 3D CAD skills and ideally hold a qualification.
You will learn how you to process our sales orders and job cards which have defined workflows.
Part of the role will also to be trained as a backup to some of our programming functions in laser, turret punch and folding.
There will be some assisting with the preparation of quotes on occasion to help the wider team.
To be successful you will have
- Good attention to details
- An interest in the manufacture of metal parts and fabrications and engineering
- A confident manner
- Ability to work in a busy environment alongside different team members
- Computer literate
- The desire to learn skills for use in the industry and develop further
This program is a fantastic opportunity for a young person to join a leading Civil Construction company with a fantastic family culture, earn as they learn and partake in a huge array of development throughout the 2 year cadetship.
If you are interested in this program please read the Fulton Hogan Cadetship Program Summary and drop in to see the careers staff
A Supply Chain Industry Cadetship offers young people a more hands-on entry into the workforce than tertiary study, and the best part is – it’s FREE!
A brief overview:
- Only 3 spaces available for the Christchurch region
- 4 week Cadet Preparation Course at our premises in Wellington
- Food, accommodation, travel and course costs all covered
- 1 week Workplace Transition Module
- Full-time employment under a 2 year Cadetship
- Ongoing support and mentoring from both Future Leaders and employers
- Range of employers – anyone from small local logistics companies to large international organisations like Harvey Norman and Coca-Cola Amatil
- Shifting job roles to gain exposure to different areas – anything from warehouse operations or logistics to health and safety or project management
Applications close Friday 3 May
See the attached document below for more details
This an opportunity to train at a two year sheep & beef, farm cadet training programme.
They have open days on June the 8th & 9TH 2019, and will be accepting applications from then until the end of July
Visit https://www.waipaoa.co.nz/ for more details of the programme and how to apply
A local employer is looking to fill a position available for a student who is looking for work over the school holidays Christmas break, possibly full time in the new year.
This will be in our factory making Double Glazed Units. Full training will be give and PPE provided.
Need your own transport (Restricted Licence +) required.
Be physically fit – as this requires lifting
For information about our company please click on link below.
Contact Robyn Shand
Downer’s employment programme is aimed at those who are interested in seeking a career pathway in Downer. Our Whakatipu Tētēkura pilot has a number of steps these are:
- Recruitment – we will be holding interviews in your area starting from 5th November 2018
- Participation in a one week intense residential, marae based, technical skills training, and work place transition programme (3 – 7 December 2018).
- Successful participants would commence employment with Downer around 7 January 2019 with active ongoing workplace transition, mentoring, and qualification achievement support aimed at maximizing employment success in Downer.
We are offering this employment opportunity to rangatahi who:
- Are school leavers (or recent school leavers)
- Have a positive attitude
- Are honest and reliable
- Have a willingness to learn
- Are drug free
- Hold a minimum of a restricted drivers licence (or ability to gain one before commencing employment).
If you or someone you know is interested in this programme please contact our Corporate Social Outcomes Relationship Manager directly, Selau Ifopo she is available on email Selau.email@example.com
360virtualreality is new to northlands mall and is looking for enthusiastic people that are outgoing and enjoy talking and supporting customers.
Feel free to go in and check them out in the mall. Ask for Sonya or email her or call her if interested:
For more details about the business take a look at their website:
We want you! Whakatipu Tetekura Downer Contact
Downer is offering a week long programme to train in technical skills and provide mentoring into employment .
They are offering this employment opportunity to rangatahi (students) who:
§Are completing their last year at school
§Have a positive attitude
§Are honest and reliable
§Have a willingness to learn
§Are drug free
§Hold a minimum of a restricted drivers licence (or ability to gain one before commencing employment).
Come in and see the careers department if you are interested