Christchurch New Zealand Institute of Sport is running a fitness expo for year 12 and 13 students. This is a great chance to come into their facilities and explore NZIS as a potential study option for your future.
Date: 8th of April
Time: 12pm-2:30pm (leaving from PHS at 11:30 vis school van)
Where: The brand new campus premises – 85 Peterborough Street, Central City, Christchurch
Who: We have 10 places available ,come and see the careers team or email Mr Stewart to secure a place and receive a permission slip
What: Various theoretical and fun practical activities within the Sport, Recreation Fitness industry
This event is organized by the NZIS highest level of students (NZ Diploma in Human Performance Multi-Sector Level 6) and their knowledgeable tutoring staff.
Purpose and intended benefits in attending NZIS FITSPO 2021:
- NZIS FITSPO has been a wonderful introduction program for the young people who were interested in the sport and recreation industry in the last two years – please see some example topics below of what will be offered:
– Achieving optimal cardiovascular conditioning (Presented by Guest Speaker & NZIS Tutor Eddie Dawkins – NZ Olympian)
– How to train effectively (presented by Sergey Sanin – Human performance level 6 student)
– Plyometric training (presented by Chris Conti – Human performance level 6 students
- This is a free event and a great chance to see students , staff at NZIS and hear from sports professionals.
There will be fun mini challenges between sessions for you to enjoy and participate.
Signup to explore the options at NZIS and within the sports and fitness sector.